miércoles, julio 28, 2010

Play along

Some days I like to pretend that I had a mental breakdown
and that I am in a mental hospital.
The little dog plays along.

(Wouldn't that be nice?

All the time I want to read books,
wander around the yard in my pjs,
maybe start smoking.
Being able to scream random thoughts,
to eat with my hands,
Pills in small plastic cups.)


So I go outside,
the dog comes to me.
We walk without a talking.
(it's used to it, and so am I).
We pretend to smoke,
we pretend to not care.
The dog goes and takes a shit one yard from where we stand;
That's really committing to you character - I say.

No hay comentarios.:

Cuando andábamos

Mientas andábamos pensé que ambos mirábamos el cielo, buscando arcoíris, viendo las nubes con forma de cachorros.   Pero tú observabas mis p...