viernes, julio 30, 2010

That day.

I do remember.
You had two extra tickets for your parents,
But your mother was dead.
So you asked me if I wanted to go.
I said yes.

I wore a silky blue dress, nothing fitting for my age.
I wondered; If she was alive, if she had had the ticket,
what type of dress would she have worn.
I am pretty sure you wondered the same thing;
that is why you didn’t even kiss me.
You hated that I was the one there.

When I got home, I took the dress off;
Without it, I looked so young, innocent, untouched.
I was still a virgin, because your mother was dead
and you wanted nothing to do with me.
Sure, I remember.

No hay comentarios.:

Cuando andábamos

Mientas andábamos pensé que ambos mirábamos el cielo, buscando arcoíris, viendo las nubes con forma de cachorros.   Pero tú observabas mis p...