martes, octubre 19, 2010

Why I took that picture of some carrots:

I got home; I was tired. It was your entire fault.
I wanted to capture that moment:
My smile, the brightness in my eyes,
my tired arms, your smell all over my skin.

I wanted to never forget how my legs felt,
how I needed to rest and dream,
how the future and the past tasted sweeter.
I wanted to never let go of you.

But some things in life are certain,
like the reality of letting go;
one must, eventually,
no matter how much one fights.

And so:

Instead of crying because I feared losing you.
Instead having a crazy wedding flash-forward.
Instead of writing it all down and emptying my soul;
I took a picture of some carrots.

It was the only sane thing to do.

No hay comentarios.:

Cuando andábamos

Mientas andábamos pensé que ambos mirábamos el cielo, buscando arcoíris, viendo las nubes con forma de cachorros.   Pero tú observabas mis p...